OK, the rgb boards are ready.
- 3 modes available:
-- communication: control from your computer
-- analog: control from an analog input (potentiometer or maybe even a temperature sensor)
-- cycle: will continuously cycle/fade between colours.
- ISP pins available for future firmware upgrades and writing your own programs.Note: You will need to get the components separately from rabtron and solder it all together. The atmega8 is already programmed so you won't need to program it.
These are the options available :
- Main RGB Module Only Package
You will get an empty rgb module pcb with a pre-programmed atmega8. R90
- Main RGB Module with Computer Connectivity
You will get two empty pcb's and a pre-programmed atmega8. One pcb is the rgb module and the other is a breakout board for rs232 level shift to connect it to a computer.R110
If you are interested then pm me and I'll send you the banking details. All prices exclude shipping and postage. If your in the vaal triangle then we can arrange a pickup or if your further away then I can speedpost it to you. Also note that this is a beta test.
If you really want a unit, but you don't want to assemble it yourself then let me know. We can arrange something where you order the rest of the parts from rabtron. I'll get it from them, build it for you, (for a small fee
) and then send it to you.
In the next couple of days I will be posting a complete how to on putting these boards together along with a part list with part numbers for rabtron.
In the next two months alot of features will be added. These include:
- tutorial on connecting it to the internet to grab data and display via color (such as weather forecasts)
- tutorial on connecting it to a music source (have the colours change according to music)
- tutorial on changing the program to add more features
- a few tutorials on other great things you can do with the rgb module.
I'd like to get feedback on these boards on various ways that I can improve on it as well as your ideas on possible applications.